Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2011 Summer Restaurant Week Dayton –Tuesday

Everyone needs a friend who is a human garbage disposal. I’m lucky enough to have one! When John and I eat out, we will typically share a meal. The advantage is that it allows us to also enjoy an appetizer, salad, and/or dessert which we wouldn’t be able to do if we each ate a full meal. Unfortunately, John travels a lot…leaving me faced with having to eat an entire meal myself…or have lunch with David. Now what you need to know about David is that he is younger and has a metabolism that I would kill for. David can share and appetizer, eat his salad, and entrée, and still share dessert. And he still has room to finish what is left of my meal.

That was never more evident than Tuesday night at The Oakwood Club. BTW, this was David’s first visit to the Dayton landmark. We each ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. We each started with the Garden Salad with Oakwood Club House Dressing and dry blue cheese crumbles. For some reason, I had never had the House Dressing. Not sure how I missed that but YUM and you definitely want to order it “dry” – which means with the dry blue cheese crumbles.David ordered the pan-seared pork tenderloin medallions served over toasted almond rice with fresh peach chutney. I’m assuming he enjoyed it because he ate it all. I ordered the Char-Broiled Salmon with a Sundried Tomato- Artichoke Crust served over Angel Hair Pasta complemented with a basil beurre blanc sauce. This is where David comes in. I swear they served me a 12 ounce portion of salmon…this thing was HUGE. The sundried tomato-archichoke crust was fabulous and the basil beurre blanc sauce was very nice. Probably could have used more of the sauce for the pasta because it didn’t seem to have anything on it. This is where David comes in…he finished my salmon…isn’t that what good friends are for? We each finished the meail with the Fresh Blueberry Crisp. A spectacular ending…and, yes, I ate all of the crisp myself.

Wednesday Night – Coco’s

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More