Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

While I may not have been posting...I've been eating!

Okay...so I haven't been very good about keeping this blog up-to-date. That is NOT to say that I haven't been having EXCEPTIONAL meals! Unfortunately, I haven't been doing that great a job documenting them either.

I did want to take a minute to share some highlights so I can get rid of some of the paper I'm carrying around.

Manressa (Executive Chef: David Kinch)
I remember a lovely risotto, suckling pig, and pineapple souffle with meyer lemon cream! John had scallops with watercress, John Dory with indian spices, ans squab. I remember the Chef creating something special for John because they were out of what John ordered. And Chef came out and apologized (although there was really no need) in person. John's special dish was WONDERFUL!

We had the tasting menu with wine pairings. The wine parings were fabulous. They matched the foods PERFECTLY. Here are the wines that we had:

  • 2001 Cellars de Camp Targona, Cava D'abbatis, Catalunya, Spain
  • 2004 Amador Foothill Winery, Late Harvest Semillion, Sierra Foothills
  • 2003 Jean Leon, Terrasola Blanc, Catalunya, Spain
  • 2005 Domaine Maestracci, "E Prove," Vermentino, Corisca
  • 2004 Chateau D'Epire, Chenin Blanc, Savennieres, France
  • 2004 Roero, Arenis, Piedmont, Italy
  • 2003 Rousset, Crozes-Hermitage, Rhone Valley, France
  • 2004 Borthwick Vineyard, Pinot Noir, New Zealand

We were lucky to get the reservation! I found it on OpenTable.com! Oh and by the way, Manresa is not for the faint of heart...the bill may be able the same as your first mortgage payment! But it is so worth that once in a blue moon trip!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More