Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Grandma’s Curry

Rumor has it that my Grandmother got this recipe from Ladies Home Journal or Good Housekeeping or one of the magazines in the 50’s/60’s. This is by NO means authentic…but it is a good use of leftovers and is incredibly quick to make. I have made my own improvements…such as substituting Coconut Milk for regular milk…which will also work but I prefer the texture and creaminess that you get with the coconut milk. Don’t tell my family though…they apparently hate coconut milk…but love my curry!

3 T butter
3 T flour
1 c Chicken Stock
1 c Coconut Milk
1 T Curry Powder (we prefer Hot Curry Powder; and you can be as generous as you like)
3 c Chicken (cooked)
1/2 t salt

Mix butter and flour in sauce pan to make a roux. Stir in curry, chicken stock and milk until smooth. Add chicken. Cook until chicken is heated and sauce has a nice thickness. Season with salt to taste.

Serve over rice with accompaniments Chutney, bacon, boiled egg, peanuts…or make up your own.

A Rose Wine makes a nice addition to the meal.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More