Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Restaurant Week Tuesday 29 January 2008

It is restaurant week across the country...including Dayton OH. Unfortunately, I'm in Newark NJ. You might think that's good since I'm just across the river from the countries restaurant metropolis. Normally, I would agree...but not during restaurant week. Even in Dayton OH it can be hard to get a reservation. It's just plain crazy in "the city across the river."

So tonight I decided to stay local. As far as I can tell, Newark NJ doesn't do anything for restaurant week. Through OpenTable.com, I found the Theatre Square Grill. While there was a Nets game going on at the Provident Center, there was nothing going on at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC). I constituted 25% of the diners in the restaurant. That's 1 in 4 diners for those of us who are mathematically challenged. (And the woman at the other table was one of those people who just doesn't stop talking for any reason...including the fact that she doesn't really have anything to say.)

I didn't realize that only the Bistro menu would be available to me; presumably because there was no performance. I had the Onion Soup and the Braised Pork Shank with Lyonnaise Potatoes. While the food was good...it was nothing to write home about. On the other hand...it's probably impossible to get a dinner reservation on a theatre night.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More