Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Plumed Horse (Saratoga Springs)

Happy Birthday to me!! John grumbled about taking me to Plumed Horse after an already very expensive meal at Dry Creek Kitchen a few nights earlier. But hey, I'm only 48 once! I didn't really think we could have a more expensive meal than we had at Dry Creek Kitchen or Manresa...but I was wrong! It's been known to happen. but that's okay because we had a truly wonderful meal. Both Dry Creek Kitchen and Plumed Horse offer more "accessible" tasting menus than Manresa. Don't get me wrong, I love Manresa but it's a little out there like WD-40.

Be sure to check out their wine cellar. It is 2-stories made of tempered glass and amazing! Except I couldn't walk across the floor because you can see down into the lower cellar. Yikes! Yeah, I know the tempered glass technically won't break.

I started with a Heidsieck Brut Champagne while looking over the menu. I was after all "celebrating!"

Course 1
Sushi Tuna Tartare with Quail Egg and Caviar
And I finished my glass of Heidsieck Champagne

Surprise Course
Oyster with Pimento and Butter
2006 Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc (we had just visted the winery a few days earlier)

Course 2
Black Pepper and Parmesan Souffle
Thomas Moreau Chablis

Course 3
Wild Sturgeon over Trumpet Mushrooms
2005 Handley Pinot Noir
An excellent Pinot Noir that was a fabulous accompaniment to the mushrooms

Course 4
Lamb Ribeye with Celery Root Puree and Pear
2004 White Oak Cabernet Sauvignon

Cheese Course
John and I each had 3 cheeses. I lost track of exactly what we had except they were fabulous. This course was accompanied by a 5 yr old Port and an 20 yr old Tawny port.

Course 5
Gran Marnier Souffle
Veuve Clicquot Demi Sec Champagne

Oh, and John had mentioned my birthday when he made our OpenTable reservation. So they also brought me this!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More